The Broomhouse Centre is operated as a charity and a Company Limited by Guarantee, governed by a Board of Trustees.
The objectives of the charity are to provide personal, social and community development opportunities for disadvantaged groups of people in and around the South West Neighbourhood Partnership area in the areas of: education, training, community care, health, inclusion and outreach.
The Centre’s client groups are:
- Adults with learning difficulties
- People with mental health issues
- Community Job Scotland Placements
- Young carers
- Adult carers
- Elderly frail people
- Elderly people with dementia
- Vulnerable young people – (NEET) not in education, employment or training
- Students on placement
- Lone parents