The Broomhouse Centre receives funding from a variety of sources in the form of grants, contracts, donations and earned income. We are a Registered Scottish Charity (SC003706). We depend on the generosity of our funders to operate the projects, which support the local community and disadvantaged citizens who use the Centre, and work to help people improve their quality of life.
We are a small, local charity but we make a huge difference to the lives of the people we work with.
- Children’s and young people’s attendance at school improves, through our Young Carers’ project, our Youth Befriending project and our Youth Counselling Service
- Our services for young people all lead to improved self-confidence, self-esteem and positive relationships with friends, family, teachers and the community in general
- Our Youth Befriending project provides young people, affected by parental substance misuse, with a positive role model
- Carers, young and old, can get a break, support and companionship
- Older people find it easier to remain in their own homes and feel less isolated
- Older people with dementia can attend our safe, caring and stimulating Beacon Club day-service
- People with special needs and people who are furthest from employment get training in our Community Café. The Café is used as a café facility for people from the local and wider communities and is a much-needed service for the people who would otherwise be susceptible to loneliness and isolation. For many, it provides an incentive to become more active and sociable
- Two people who were long-term unemployed have secured jobs with the Crescent Kitchen at The Broomhouse Centre and the business also currently provides a Community Jobs Scotland placement position for one person
- All the local people are encouraged and supported to increase their involvement in the local community, through our Community Health Hub
To make a donation through our secure online site please Donate Now.
If you want to raise money for The Broomhouse Centre, then download our Fundraising Pack for advice and ideas.
There are so many different ways of raising money, from asking directly for sponsorship to organising your own fundraising events. The trick is to choose a method most suited to you and your lifestyle and your fundraising target and remember to enjoy it, you will be more successful if you do!
You’ll find lots of ideas throughout the pack plus hints and tips to make the most of your event. We hope you’ll find lots of inspiration and perhaps combine some ideas, throw in some of your own and don’t be afraid to create your own truly unique event.
EasyFundraising is the simplest way to raise funds for The Broomhouse Centre. You shop online with your favourites stores and you raise money at the same time. It’s that easy. You pay exactly the same price as you would if you visited each retailer’s website directly. Donations vary between retailers but an average donation is 5% of your spend, made by the retailer at no cost to you.
Go to www.easyfundraising.org.uk, to register and start shopping (and raising easy money for The Broomhouse Centre).
The Broomhouse Centre would like to acknowledge and thank all those organisations and individuals who have helped us help the people we work with.