Building the Community by building in the Community
Planning and fundraising for the Broomhouse Hub is continuing and we’ve been getting some very positive responses from planners and funders alike
We successfully submitted a 2nd stage Big Lottery application for £1.2million in early 2016. Big Lottery has been very supportive and we are due to return to them in October 2016 after we got approval at stage 1 for the Regeneration Capital Grant Fund (£750,000) with a stage 2 due in November.
- We have a comprehensive capital fundraising strategy.
- Clothworkers Foundation have confirmed £80,000, Tudor Trust £50,000 of match and EB Trust have confirmed £25,000 from the Scottish Landfill Communities Fund, Angus Environmental Trust have confirmed £19,290.00. The current total is now £174,290.
- City of Edinburgh Council have confirmed a grant of £108k towards the purchase of the building.
- We have a number of £500 and £1,000 grants pledged.
- Further Trusts and Foundations have confirmed they will also consider grant applications which take us close to the £440k required in match funding.
All going well the new Centre will be opened in 2018.
We will be introducing and setting up social enterprises i.e. soft play, charity shop, gym, laundry and a large hall suitable for community and corporate events.
For any more information contact Bridie Ashrowan on firstname.lastname@example.org, 0131 455 7731.
Artists impression of how the new building will look.
Please download our booklet for more information:
How The Broomhouse Centre looks at present!